Welcome to my blog!

Thank you all for visiting my blog! I hope when you leave you feel enlightened and really enjoyed what you read! Come back often for new posts. :)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Arts and Humanities Initial Post

A new term began today in school and I want to share it with you.  The discussion involves asking ourselves what the term "infinite person" means to us and to name a person whom we think fits this in our minds.

Unit 1: Unit 1: Thinking About the Human Experience - Discussion

Professor and class,
My name is Ashley Jones and I am a single mother of three.  I also am in the process of starting my own bath and beauty products business.  Well, let's see, I enjoy bubble baths and long walks on the beach....  (haha).  I actually do like those things.  But I also love reading and music, I enjoy taking walks with my children and I love to learn new things.  I feel this class is going to be excellent!
To me, an infinite person is someone who sees "the big picture".  This man or woman encompasses all that it means to be human and sees not only the trivial, but the important parts of the puzzle called life, and does not judge.  This may sound loony, but other than Leonardo da Vinci (as notated in the textbook), I see my favorite band's front man Jared Leto to be an infinite person.  When I listen to his music, it is as if he is speaking directly from his soul.  I also follow his blog, and he is simply the most fascinating person I have ever had the pleasure to encounter.  I feel he sees the world differently than most people; he takes pleasure even in the mundane.  Yes, he is in a band that makes millions of dollars a year, but I don't think that even matters to him.  The lyrics to his songs are so simple, yet so complex, that it brings tears to my eyes.  I've never experienced this with a band before.  As it turns out, he is also an accomplished actor in television and film, which ties in quite nicely with him being my version of an infinite person. 
The traits I feel are most important in an infinite person are the ability to never overlook the smallest detail in life, and to apply that to their life, along with a goodness within their soul that can be seen even on the outside.  An infinite person will always be remembered, whether they become famous or not. 
Traits of an infinite person that I would like to learn and apply to my own goals, would be noticing every detail, applying these details, and always being empathetic to people, whether or not I have an impact on their life.  I want to always live like I have an audience; then I will never want to do something I will regret if somebody does see me doing it (hey, it's a great motivator!).

No comments:

Post a Comment