Welcome to my blog!

Thank you all for visiting my blog! I hope when you leave you feel enlightened and really enjoyed what you read! Come back often for new posts. :)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's going well!

Hey everyone.  Just a quick update.
Things are going pretty well for the business, considering a month ago I had only 1 sale.  This month I have had 7 sales on etsy and a few random sales, along with lots of winners on listia.com (you give stuff away for free and get credits in return to "spend" on other things), so although I am giving my soaps away for free, I am getting a lot of exposure and getting other cool stuff in return.  :)
Check out how my etsy shop is doing and feel free to comment here on any improvements I need to make.  I do realize I need to upgrade my pictures, and add more products (a lot more).  But as to how exactly to upgrade my pics, I would like some advice because I really suck (LOL).  I'm thinking of getting more close-up to focus on the texture of the products.  But I also need some better labeling and packaging.  It's very amateur right now, I will admit.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/JeweledVixenSoaps
Thanks for reading.  I need to wrangle my kids into bed... they've been tracked out for almost 3 weeks and I'm ready to pull my hair out.  Unghh!!!!!
I love my babies though :)   <3

1 comment:

  1. Here's a plan for a simple, cheap light box to help with photography. http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html It can help you get some nice, crisp photos. Use the macro setting on your camera if you have one. Get a small, inexpensive tripod (a table-top tripod, I think they're called). For labels, see if you can find an inexpensive version of Publisher and play around with things.

    ReplyDelete